Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving in.

I can't do this without medicine. It's been about a month and I don't feel as though I am progressing. I thought I was doing okay but the depression is just too much. I have been so irritable, uninterested, and low feeling. It's not me. The times that I do feel happy seem to be the maximum of happiness I feel like I can reach when in all reality thats the minimum level of happiness I should feel every day. But I don't feel that. I want to be happy again. Medicine is not a weakness. It's an aid in helping me. I realize that this is something that is chemically wrong. It's not me. I'm not at fault for this. It's just God's plan for me.

So Wednesday I am going to talk to my counselor about going on a low dosage of an anti depressant. I need it. This is just too much for me not to have something. I will not go back on Cymbalta. The withdrawal is way too tough to deal with and I don't want to feel that I am dependent on the medicine. I want to feel as though its an aid in helping me through each day. Some people need it and I am one of those people.

2 comments:

  1. you're not giving in, katie, you're doing what's best for you! you deserve to be happy. like you said, medicine is not a weakness. you're doing the right thing. hang in there!

    --lauren j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depression/Anxiety is caused by a chemical inbalance. This means it's not you, it's biology. If medicine makes you feel better then recognizing that only makes you a stronger person.

    ReplyDelete