Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing is Bad

I express myself too much. I also expect people to care. And that's the thing. They don't. They don't care how I feel nor do they care about what I am up to. It just amazes me how you can be a part of people's lives for so long yet they still just don't care.

My ex boyfriend's family is what is truly bugging me. I looked at them as if they were my own family. I don't have a big family, so being around so many aunts, uncles, and cousins was nice. That's where I went wrong and a lesson learned for the next man. I am no one to them now and I really feel that now. Yes, they're his family, they're going to side with him, but I just don't get how you just... don't care. Maybe it proves to me how foe they are. The things I heard and even witnessed on my own are really sticking out right now to me, but I was so blinded by love for 2 years that it has taken a mended heart and a clear mind to really see this.

What I have realized is that it doesn't matter the size of the family. My family is not huge but we have a lot of love. We don't back stab each other or gossip about one another. We just love. There's no serious drama. I don't want it any other way. I will NEVER fit in with a significant others family or my future husband's family the way that I fit into my own. I hope to be accepted and welcome, but when it comes down to it, I'm a Schiefer, that's where I'll always belong.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the Schiefers! I may not be a Shiefer but know that the Rieger family loves you and considers you a sister no matter what!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete