Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Decade.

This is a poem to Gina, my Aunt.
Whom I believe is strong and optimistic.
You are one strong woman with a big smile.
You tell me the right thing and you are encouraging.
You treat me and others wit love and are always happy.
To me I think you are helpful.
Your hazel eyes make me comfortable
You love to be with family.
You listen to me; you give me strength.
Whenever I see Precious Moments statues I think of you
This is a poem to Gina, my Aunt
Whom I believe is strong and optimistic.
I wrote this poem 10 years ago in 6th grade as an assignment. I read it to my Aunt Gina, in person, the night before she passed away. It ended up on the back of the program for her funeral as well. I don't know where the original copy is, but I do have a copy of the program,

I remember her room being on the left side of the hallway from where we came in. The room was filled with people who loved her and that she loved back. After I read it to her, we hung it on the wall by her bed and hugged her. As the image of my aunt replays in my head, she looks so frail. Thats not the woman I knew growing up. She was one of the strongest people I knew. Her smile lit up her face. So many memories have ran through my head today. So many I hold near and dear to my heart.

So here we are, 10 years later. My cousin Kelsey is coming up from Texas for Christmas this year. Kelsey has that exact strength that her mom had. I admire her for what she has been through and how she has kept herself together. She has such a big heart just like her mom and her smile lights up her face. Megan is a spitting image of her mom. the curls and the freckles. Megan is one of the sweetest and most genuine young ladies I know. She has been a lover since she was born. And unfortunately I don't know Paige the same way I know the other two girls but I am sure many of her mom's qualities are shining through as she grows up.

I love and miss you Aunt Gina. Your picture hangs on my mirror, I see you every day. Your Precious Moments statue sits on my night stand and I look at that every day. There is not a single day that goes by that I don't think about you. I will never understand why God took you so soon from us. But if I can guess why, its because He wanted His best angels by His side and you are definitely among His best.

No comments:

Post a Comment